Homemade Brown Bread Recipe.
Our home baked brown bread is very popular for our BBQ parties – it is served with our freshly made salads.
500g Howards Wholemeal Flour
2tsp Bread soda
2tsp castor sugar
1 tsp salt
25mls red wine vinegar
25mls olive oil
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
1. Sieve the bread soda into the remainder of the dry ingredients.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon
3. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and stir with the wooden spoon to make sure all the flour is well mixed together
4. Grease the bottom and sides of the tin with some oil to prevent sticking
5. Bake for 40 minutes – check to ensure the top of the loaf isn’t browning too much – if it is take it out and turn it upside down in the tin and cook for a further 10 minutes
6. Leave to cool slightly then turn out onto a wire tray
Tip: Remember to grease the loaf tin and preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Happy Baking!